Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mommy's Apple Craft

Mommy Project

This idea popped in my head about mid week and I just had to do it. Thomas is always getting himself so messy, or I can't hold him still long enough to get clothes on him--so, I find myself breaking one of my cardinal rules and he ends up running around the house in just a onsie.

So, why not make it cute!

For this project I used:
  • White onsie (I used a stained one so I didn't waste his nice good white ones)
  • Fabric paint in red, brown, green & black
  • Cut piece of cardboard
  • My hand & his precious little hand
I simply painted our hands in red fabric paint. If you do this cover yourself and him/her completely or let them go naked. Fabric paint will not wash off clothing!! It will come off your hands and you need to wash them right away, especially baby's since you don't want it in their mouth.

I made my hand print the night before and let it dry. I added his hand print the next day so it wouldn't smear. You need to put thick paper, cardboard, or a cut up paper plate between the layers of your onsie or it will bleed through and stick together.

I added a few finishing touches and let it dry for 24 hours.

Isn't it adorable?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment