Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bat Treat Holders

Mommy Craft

When I came across this idea, I just had to make them!!

Of course the treats I had chosen for my own kids were too big to fit inside, but I had gotten some smaller treats for two friends that I knew would enjoy them.

For this craft you need:
  • Black construction paper
  • Ribbon or yarn or string
  • Hole Punch
  • Stapler
  • Scrap paper or wiggly eyes, or whatever other craft items you have to decorate the bat face.
Fold your black paper in to a cone shape. I can't really talk you through this one since I just fiddled and fiddled with it until I got the shape I was looking for. You won't get a perfect cone, so you will have to fold the excess over a bit, or you can leave it plain and it will be fine too.

Staple your cone into place.

Punch holes in either side of the TOP of the bat for your ribbon to tie to.

Have fun decorating your bat's face. I cut out white and more black construction paper to make the eyes and then used a Sharpie in black to add a happy smile. You could use wiggly eyes or whatever you have on hand.

Tie your ribbon or string or yarn to each side of the bat's head through the holes you punched.

Mommy Tip: Here's a warning--this will not hold much weight at all! Candy and light weight goodies will do just fine, but it will not hold Play Dough cups or things heftier.

No comments:

Post a Comment