Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Tree

Toddler, Pre-K, K

If you had fun making the fall tree with your child, then you will love this one too.

To make this craft you will need:
  • Construction paper (I would use any color but white, light blue looks a lot like a snowy wintry sky)
  • Brown paint
  • White paint
  • 1 cute little hand
Paint your child's hand and forearm brown. Have them press down to make a tree trunk and branches.

I let mine dry really well before adding the "snow," but use your judgment.

Let them dip their pointer finger or thumb in white paint and add snowflakes in the sky and on the bare tree branches.

When my toddler was done, I painted some snow on the ground and used my thumb and pointer finger to make a red mommy bird in the tree.

Don't forget to add your child's name and the date (at least the year) at the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment