Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Birthday Cake (Cupcake) Hand Print Idea

Toddler, Pre-K, K

Okay, not only were there VERY few birthday printables and craft ideas--I didn't find any hand print ideas--and I love to do things with hand prints.

So, I made one up, and I LOVE it!!

To make this craft you will need:
  • Your child's favorite color paint
  • White paint OR another favorite color paint
  • Yellow Paint
  • Construction paper
I already had white paper out before I thought about it...so I used a coordinating color blue for my candles. If you think ahead and use a color peice of paper, white would look great for your candles.

Anyway...

Paint the palm of your child's hand their favorite color--DO NOT paint their fingers yet. Now, paint how ever many years they are turning fingers white (or the other favorite color)--leaving the tips of their fingers clean! Now, paint the tips yellow.

Press their hands down at once, don't try to do this in steps or you will likely find a smudged cake.

Ta-da!

I think I get an extra sticker for creativity on this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment