Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Dr. Seuss Book

Toddler, Pre-K, K
Well, I couldn't let Gracie have all of the Seuss fun today!

So, Thomas and I made our own Dr. Seuss Book! I thought up my own hand and foot print ideas...with the exception of Thing 1 & Thing 2--which is genius!!!

To make this craft you will need:
  • washable paints
  • hands & feet & fingers too
Give these hand & foot print ideas a whirl!
Horton's clover; palm of the hand painted pink. Finger painted green, add white to make the speck with your child's pointer finger. Now, you can see mine is purple--it would have worked better on not white paper. You couldn't see the white at all, so I went over it with a darker color.

The Foot Book: self explanatory, choose colors your child likes and make an imprint of their left and right foot.


Red Fish, Blue Fish. Paint hands red and blue and stamp. Add bubbles, fin and mouth for fun!


This was a genius idea! Mine did not come out nearly as well as hers. But, I love ti none the less. I had Gracie make Thing 1 (since she is the oldest), and Thomas is Thing 2. Paint palm of your hand pink/peach/flesh, fingers blue, and wrist red. Stamp! Add facial features.



No comments:

Post a Comment