Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Seuss Snack


I found this super fun, and super easy snack online, and I just have to share it with you. I made it for an after-school snack, but you could have it for desert after dinner if you'd rather.

To make this snack you will need:
  • vanilla ice cream
  • plastic cups
  • sharpie marker
  • vanilla wafers
  • strawberry slices
  • cool whip
Now, the original recipe called for milk, but I thought it would make the cookies soggy, so I went with vanilla ice cream.

First, I drew a Cat In The Hat face on my recycled plastic cups. And, added a red bow tie. I printed off a picture of the cat and stuck it inside the empty cup and traced the outlines on the outside of the cup.

Any how, I filled my plastic cups (saved from apple sauce lunch sized containers) with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream. Then I dipped my vanilla wafers in the cool whip covering them as best I could one at a time. Put the first cookie on top of the ice cream. Now put a strawberry slice on top. Now, another cool whip covered cookie. You get the idea. Make it as tall as you want--but be careful, it will get unsteady after a while. You want to end your pattern with a cookie.

Keep it in the freezer until your kids are ready to eat it. But, don't make it too early (like the day before) because it will freeze everything and your kids will have a hard time eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment